On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 08:36:25AM +0100, Wojciech Puchar wrote:

> >There is a special codec for speech. You'll find it the
> >audio/speex port. From the pkg-descr:
>
> actually i use it with asterisk - at about 15kbps (VBR) there are audible
> differences between this and standard 64kbps a-law - but the differences
> are POSITIVE - speech sounds clearer!

        There's something I've been wanting to ask and a web search
        hasn't told me very much.  What is the "mp4"? Is it == to "aac"
        or "aacPlus"?  Some online stations carry the acc format and it
        seems better than mp3.  I can't really tell.

        anybody?

        gary

--
 Gary Kline  kl...@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix