Wojciech Puchar wrote:
I have some short movies (a la YouTube) that I would like to show as video streams. Presenting them by download is messing up my bandwidth (...).
Can someone tell me if there is a simple solution installing such a stream service/server into FreeBDS 7.2?

somehow i can't understand you

do you mean installing FreeBSD for this will use less bandwidth?
I already have FreeBSD installed. Just wondering if there is a streaming server for it. Hardly can believe that dedicated download (by opening the remote file in a media player) will be more efficient that a streaming server that takes care of bandwidth throttle and average processing time on (http) requests.

I want to provide some animated presentations with voice over that have been recorded earlier.
fortunately we have /usr/ports/www/youtube_dl :)
Eh, that sound familiar l-)

thanks for sharing,
Jos Chrispijn