Wojciech Puchar wrote:
so please test as it's true :)

I did test it and indeed it looks that way...
actually youtube player does not throttle at all - just load as fast as possible into memory while playing at normal speed.
Yes but we are now discussing another service here. Imho there is some difference between downloading (and viewing) by HTTP or viewing a YouTube movie thru a YouTube site (and watching a Flash movie instead). Do you mean that providing any movie in Flash format will have the same advantages as it has viewing such a file thru a YouTube server?
look at progress bar below movie window. if your network connection is fast, it quickly gets from beginning to end, while current position mark advances as movie is played.
That is true, I saw that indeed.
in mplayer you can set buffer size, if you'll set it as large or larger as movie - it will behave the same way with FTP/HTTP provided movie.

realplayer do the same thing, and supports both URL's and "live" streaming protocol.
So it would be better to forget my issue and rely on the smart settings of the client's movieplayer?

thanks,
Jos Chrispijn