> > Basically:
> > Update your source with cvsup
> > read /usr/src/UPDATING and follow any instructions required (I believe
> >   you'll need to manually create the relatively new sendmail users)
> > Reveiw you kernel config file to see if any options have changed since
> >   4.3
> > make buildkernel
> > make installkernel
> > reboot  >>> if the reboot doesn't go well, boot kernel.old and copy it to
> >              /kernel to get back to 4.3
> > make buildworld
> > make installworld

Ok, I have cvsup'ped successfully, upon buildkernel I get:

"Error: version of config does not match kernel!
config version = 400018, version required = 400019

Make sure that /usr/src/usr.sbin/config is in sync with your /usr/src/sys
and install a new config binary before trying this again."

Doing a:

# cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/config
# make

Fails with "make: dont' know hwo to make config.1. Stop" At this point it
looks like everything has compiled, and is in the linking object files
stage.

I understand that I am doing oposite of what the handbook says by
installing a new kernel first, but is there a way to get around the out of
date config problem so I can proceed in this 'backwards' approach?

Tks.

Steve Bertrand