Jason Garrett wrote:
>snip

I see you tried the zpool import and export, but did you perform `mkdir /boot/zfs` directly before `zpool export tank && zpool import tank` ?

I just have to ask because I did not see that specified, and you mention not being able to find zpool.cache. /boot/zfs is where zpool.cache hides out.
Yes I did. However I figured out my problem. I was chrooted into /dist and the zpool.cache was being written to /boot/zfs (as you mention). But because of the chroot, when I checked /boot/zfs, I was *really* checking /dist/boot/zfs. Thus my problem. :)

However I'm still having difficulty. I suspect I don't have a /boot/loader that supports zfs filesystems as I just boot to the 'OK" prompt. An 'lsdev' only shows BIOS devices but I've seen posts on the Net that indicate I should have zfs devices listed there too if I have a proper /boot/loader. I've used the one from both 7.2-RELEASE.iso and 8.0-BETA1.iso but no luck. Do you know of any way I can confirm or deny my suspicion?

Thanks,

Drew

--
Be a Great Magician!