Tim Kellers wrote:
Michel Talon wrote:
Tim Kellers said:
-Has anyone set up a n INN server on freebsd, successfuly?

Yes, no problem. Have you read the Inn install doc in /usr/local/share/doc/inn/INSTALL
This is a step by step guide to the *long* configuration.

Note that if you want to suck in news from another news server you also
need some other software, the best one being newsx (in the ports).

You also need to edit the "active" file to add newsgroups.

Thanks,

I think my problem may be my not having other software to grab the news from an upstream news server. I'll take a look at newsx. The configuration is long for sure, but I've been through it so many times in the past few days that I think I'm getting better at it. :-)

I'll report my success/failures as soon as I can get back on it.

Tim

Looks like newsx was the solution I was looking for. So far, it is pulling the articles from my active groups from my upstream provider. I assume from the docs I have to run rnews -U after this immense pull has completed.

Thanks for all the help

Tim