Chad Perrin wrote:

Firefox has not had Ctrl-Q for some time. Try Alt-F followed by Q. I guess that's 2.5 keystrokes, but at least it's keystrokes.

What version number would you call "some time" ago?  I just used Ctrl-Q
about six hours or so ago.

The FreeBSD machine with Firefox is down but here on Windows, using a stock 3.0.13, Ctl-Q has no effect. Nor is it listed as a shortcut for "Exit" under the [File] menu. Have you perhaps customized yours? Now doing Ctl-W on the last window will close the program, but I like to keep the two separate; this is one (C list) reason I usually use SeaMonkey.

                        Robert Huff