> What did I miss?  Does one have to become an "expert" to work with this OS?

All I have to say is that people tell me that practice makes perfect
(eventually, with help from these lists of course ;o)

No one can know everything, so it's the frustration and anguish that makes
success much more enjoyable. (Unless there are corporate mandates with
superiors breathing down your neck, but that's another story)

Just my $0.02.

Steve