On Sat, 17 Oct 2009, PJ wrote:
Warren Block wrote:
On Fri, 16 Oct 2009, Bob Hall wrote:
On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 07:27:42PM -0400, PJ wrote:
BUGS
This utility should work on active file systems.

I'm a native English speaker, and the manual makes perfect sense to me.
It's very clear to me that since the statement is in the BUGS section,
it means that the utility should, but doesn't. Since it follows a
statement that the utility doesn't, the meaning is unambiguous.

I understand it, but see ambiguity in the word "should".  Easy enough
to rewrite:

BUGS
This utility does not work on active file systems.

Now here's my challenge to PJ: use send-pr(1) or the web PR interface
at http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html to submit this as a doc bug
report.

That's how FreeBSD gets better, and how you help the next person in
the same situation.

As I mentioned earlier, I do not understand what the author really
intended, so I am out of place making any judgments.

If that long thread didn't convince you, certainly nothing I can add will do it.

PR 139705 submitted.