Hello.
I try to install a fresh new FreeBSD 8.0-RC2 (from snapshot-DVD) on a barndnew harddrive. As far as I recall partitioning a disk is now done via gpart and the limitation of having only 8 (-2) partitions from a through h except b and c is now obsoleted. When dropping into the installation process, I realised that the 8 partition boundary is still present. Is there a howto (I searched the wiki and lists without success)? I read a lot about how to install FreeBSD on op of a complete ZFS infrastructure, but key issue seems to be a hands-on partitioning of the target haddrive via the fixit procedure.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Oliver