On 2009-12-30 19:58, Roland Smith wrote:
On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 06:48:56PM +0100, Leslie Jensen wrote:
I'm at the point where sane-find-scanner detects my scanner but
scanimage cannot find it.

I know I must use the sane-epkowa backend.

I've edited the /usr/local/etc/sane.d/epkowa.conf but I think I need to
make sane aware of the epkowa backend.

Put a line

epkowa

in /usr/local/etc/sane.d/dll.conf

It's already there

Put the vendor and device-id you get from sane-find-scanner in epkowa.conf

I did it before I posted this question.

Roland

When I was running 7.2 I had found a way to make it work.

First I added the product in /sys/dev/usb/usbdevs then the same information had to be added in /sys/dev/usb/uscanner.c then I had to recompile the kernel, build and install it. The scanner would then be found.

Now on 8.0 I can't find uscanner.c so there must be another way to handle it.

/Leslie