On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 04:43:42AM -1000, p...@pair.com wrote:
> in message
> <aanlktil2gpibf2n2bir_eewmbqxru5l8wln0ebqru...@mail.gmail.com>,
> wrote Alejandro Imass thusly...
> >
> > Anyway, chack to see if you may have a broken Java implementation,
> > and check to see if it's possible to get OO to work with Sun's JRE
> > 6, and give that a go and see. I have a gut feeling your problem
> > is related to a broken Java VM somewhere in your machine.
>
> Am I the only one who has (force) installed open office from package
> without java dependency and has yet to see a problem with MS Word &
> simple Excel files?

With my old OO.o install (from package, not port), I haven't had any
problems.  The thing even "exports" to PDF without Java.

Since then, however, I haven't been able to find a working OO.o binary
package for FreeBSD, so I haven't upgraded my OO.o version.

> It took about 15 "seconds" of manual count to see an empty window
> after typing "openoffice.org-3.0.0 -nologo".  Hardware is ...

I'm not sure what you mean by this.  Empty window?