In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Tamir Halperin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> typed:
> I did do a custom kernel only it wasn't me and the person that did this for me is no
> longer available to refer the question to.
>
> I remember clearly that he was interested in shrinking down the size of the kernel
> for the sake of saving memory but I don't remember the details of how he achieved
> this.
>
> What are some typical things to look for and where when trying to hunt down a config
> file for a custom kernel.

/usr/src/sys/i386/conf. That should have GENERIC and LINT in
it. Anything else there is a custom kernel, and can be used as the
value of the KERNCONF= parameter to make kernel.

        <mike
--
Mike Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>          http://www.mired.org/consulting.html