On 11/25/10 03:01, Gary Kline wrote:
Folks (mostly Adam),

Hang on a sec.  I think I misread what my friend said.
Following is a snip of what he said was good; that this was among
the stuff he installed a few years back and now was much better::

ALIX.2D13 system board - $115
CompactFlash card 4GB SLC - $20
Enclosure - $9
AC adapter - $13

Is this the same board and so forth that Arthur pointed me at below?
My friend's name is Noah; what he saw was that the boad was not in
stock and that it would not be restocked until 20dec.   Because the
15th is better for Noah to drive down, I would like to have the
stuff here when it's best for him.   Figure ther have to be other
vendors that sell this.

OK, I'm in the UK as are these people I buy from, but they do prices in dollars as well as pounds and euros, and will ship to the US. They don't have a 2d13 at the moment but do have 2d3s in stock (the 2d13 has a battery and RTC extra, that's all).

http://linitx.com/index.php

They've got enclosures, but the power supplies are european plugs. However, they are universal (100-250V), so an EU->US adapter would work. I use a SanDisk CF card in mine, and the pfSense install worked like a dream. The only wrinkle is remembering to change the serial line speed from 19200 to 9600 baud before installing pfSense, as the serial bootloader likes 9600.

I'd recommend getting "pfSense: The Definite Guide" as well

http://www.amazon.com/pfSense-Definitive-Christopher-M-Buechler/dp/0979034280/ref=sr_1_1/177-9101540-7293707?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1290689178&sr=1-1