On 12/27/10 22:54, b. f. wrote:
What concerns me is perl-threaded _is_ installed but it can't see it.
Do you have in:

etc/make.conf

PERL_THREADED=true
Perhaps I'm a little daft atm. Either way I want to be clear: Are you
saying the define needs to be in the make.conf so that it will build
correctly? It _does not_ actually look at what perl is installed?

IF that is the case, then wtf? Either ImageMagick should be checking the
actual pkg installed, or the perl port should be defining this in the
make.conf, right? Seeing as perl already makes a define in make.conf...

Meanwhile I'll check it out. Cheers
Yep you need that line in make.conf

Who made this claim?  This is not some standard, user-configurable
knob -- it is only used by 5 ports, and each of them assigns a value
to it in the port Makefile.  It shouldn't be set in make.conf.  As for
why it isn't working in Da Rock's case, he hasn't answered any of the
questions I asked him earlier.
Well I did offer the info in the OP, albeit pkg_version style. Anyhoo perl --version outputs:

This is perl, v5.10.1 (*) built for amd64-freebsd-thread-multi

And pkg_version -v:

perl-threaded-5.10.1_3

So its there. Unfortunately I'm still running various updates so I can't really offer the make -C yet- somehow OOO has managed scam itself into my updates that really takes time on the laptop. So I'm still doing 'spring cleaning' so to speak :) The time of year really lends to the cause...