Hello,

I've never given this any thought, until I recently bought a Blu-ray drive, and realised that I can neither mount commercial Blu-ray discs or watch the films with mplayer. As I understand the problem, it is because FreeBSD has no support for newer versions of UDF and that Blu-ray films use UDF 2.50 or 2.60. I did find some suggestion for a Summer of Code project to port the NetBSD implementation of UDF, and that that has support for newer versions, and also write support. So my question is, is there any work being done on this, and if so, what is its status?

Sincerely,

Rolf Nielsen