2011-02-03 22:38, Alexander Best skrev:
On Thu Feb  3 11, Rolf Nielsen wrote:
Hello,

I've never given this any thought, until I recently bought a Blu-ray
drive, and realised that I can neither mount commercial Blu-ray discs or
watch the films with mplayer. As I understand the problem, it is because
FreeBSD has no support for newer versions of UDF and that Blu-ray films
use UDF 2.50 or 2.60. I did find some suggestion for a Summer of Code
project to port the NetBSD implementation of UDF, and that that has
support for newer versions, and also write support. So my question is,
is there any work being done on this, and if so, what is its status?

i don't think anybody is working on this atm. please also note that there's
a PR related to this issue [1]. also openbsd seems to have support for udf
2.50 and 2.60, too.

cheers.
alex

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/120989

I see. Thanks. It's not that important to me, because I am able to create UDF Blu-ray discs (e.g. with matroska files or audio files) that are readable in my Blu-ray player, and that seems more important than being able to play films on my computer. However, it would be fun to have a bdauthor similar to dvdauthor, and being able to create BD Video discs (that may of course be possible without being able to actually read the discs on the computer; I've never been able to get anything vcdimager creates to work on my computer, but they work perfectly on every DVD player I've tried). Discussions about such an authoring app isn't for this list though, and that's why I brought up only the UDF bit. Anyway, thanks for replying.

Rolf

Sincerely,

Rolf Nielsen