Chad Perrin <perrin <at> apotheon.com> writes:

> 1. You think some measure of popularity of a decision makes it correct.

No.

> 2. You don't like (t)csh.

No. I just point out it’s not a suitable scripting shell.

> 3. You think your opinions are so self-evident that everybody will just
> immediately understand them, their reasoning, and the best way to proceed
> from there.

I may have some shortcomings when it comes to getting a point across.

> 1. Is it a good idea to replace (t)csh?

Probably. (Even Android uses mksh these days.) But that’s up to you
guys. On the other hand, it’s tradition.

But then, I never asked for this (here, I did in other places) either.
See above.

Anyway, goodnight (and I’ll probably not get back to this thread,
just hope to have brought some thought-provoking impulse).