On 12/12/11 12:05, Foo JH wrote:
On 11/12/2011 6:21 AM, Robison, Dave wrote:
I prefer having separate partitions because it's more in line with traditional unix systems, and in particular, I don't like letting users have unlimited access to /tmp.
Pardon the noob question: will using Disk Quotas work to limit the damage

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/quotas.html
No, thats a very astute observation. Although its a lot harder to break limits when its an actual partition and everything shows exactly what there is to work with. So I'd personally still use partitioning myself. Quotas could work though, but its an added layer of admin as well.