On 05/11/2012 05:18 PM, Chad Perrin wrote:
I appreciate the time you put into this.
   It was no problem at all:-)
   had fun comparing.
Now that I'm free and have more time I went over the 3rd edition table of contents and found a few instances that mentions FreeBSD. In chapter "Adding a Disk" describes the FFS, shows a freebsd fstab example file and teaches how to add a disk in FreeBSD,etc. I Continued glancing at the contents and it appears the rest of the book is pretty much
    on subjects that apply to all UNIX OS.
the fourth edition text has for some reason
basically traded FreeBSD for AIX -- which makes little sense to me.

I found a site that it kinda shows that this is was happened, AIX replaced FreeBSD:-( mid way through the site shows the 4th edition only focuses on redhat, opensuse, rhel, solaris, HPUX and IBM AIX.

        http://www.admin.com/