This is a valid argument. Checksumming is used to detect cases where the
disk or the disk controller return invalid data to the CPU. This can happen
for any number of reasons and isn't that unlikely. "Unrecoverable read
error" probabilities are high enough with common drives that you can
reasonably see them after reading 10-20TB over the course of some small
number of years. And that's assuming no firmware bugs, no flakey cables,
and no other of a variety of potential issues.

this needs scrubbing. Can be done both with ZFS and anything else.
just use dd periodically.

I use ZFS. I like ZFS. But I also acknowledge that a zfs_fsck would be
useful in cases where a filesystem is botched enough that it can't be

but seems you don't have any serious use for ZFS if you can take that risk just because you "like" ZFS.
I cannot.