Good afternoon,

One little question… I'm trying to have ready our new unattended FreeBSD
installation system. Until now, I have been using Sysinstall scripting file but
now with 9.1 out I think it's moment to start using BSDInstaller in the
unattended installation process. I have seen the new installer, works basically
like an script…. my real question is… before I did in install.cfg something
like :

################################
disk=da0
partition=all
bootManager=standard
diskPartitionEditor

################################

da0s1-1=ufs 3072000 /
da0s1-2=swap 8096000 none
da0s1-3=ufs 20485760 /var 1
da0s1-4=ufs 30720760 /usr 1
da0s1-5=ufs 0 /expert 1
diskLabelEditor

################################

Now I assume there's no way of getting this same through any command like…
'bsdinstall partedit _______________________' am I wrong??. So I assume all
should be done by hand like this example of the Handbook :

# dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/da1 bs=1k count=1
# fdisk -BI da1 #Initialize your new disk
# bsdlabel -B -w da1s1 auto #Label it.
# bsdlabel -e da1s1 # Edit the bsdlabel just created and add any partitions.
# mkdir -p /1
# newfs /dev/da1s1e # Repeat this for every partition you created.
# mount /dev/da1s1e /1 # Mount the partition(s)
# vi /etc/fstab # Add the appropriate entry/entries to your /etc/fstab.

In the auto script….

am I wrong?.  If the answer is yes… could you point me to some documentation in
order to be able to complete all this doc. Apart from all this… is Sysinstall
going to be maintained in parallel?.

Thank you very much,
Best regards!