On 2012-12-21 19:55, Chris Hill wrote:
On Fri, 21 Dec 2012, dweimer wrote:

I have been having a lot of performance issues with my home wireless, and am considering replacing the current APs early next year. I wanted something a little more flexible than the standard consumer AP, without spending the money for a high end Cisco AP (I do realize that the hardware will run me in the range of their low end APs). My early searching shows I should be able to get an Alix board, Wireless Card, and Antennas for around $300.

Not really an answer to the question, but maybe a solution to the
problem... At my work we deploy a fair amount of wi-fi at clients'
sites. The access points we like are Pakedge brand. These are solid,
high-powered industrial-grade equipment, and in your price range. For
what it's worth.

I will look into those, currently running UniFi, worked out great at first, but struggling now, can only get 1-3Mbps download, yet 50-60Mbps upload. working with their support now via email ot hopefully resolve it, but looking into other options as well.

--
Thanks,
   Dean E. Weimer