On 12/30/2012 6:24 PM, Polytropon wrote:

        Used csup (tag=.) to update the source tree as of midnight last night.

This seems to be discouraged today. Instead svn should be used.

I'm using this for ports, will convert for source ... probably in the next round after I deal with this.

        5) On rebooting, the loader(??) claims to not be able to find a
bootable partition - i.e. I get a screen that ends in "mountpoint  > ".

Are you sure this isn't the "mountroot>" prompt?

        Right you are; sorry, typing from memory on a different system.

It indicates
that the / partition cannot be mounted to continue booting.
Maybe you can interrupt at the boot loader and examine the
mount source for /, or manually set it to be ada0p1?

        I'll try that.

Providing the presumptive value by hand returns "error 19".

No root partition, probably. :-)

        Duh.  :-)

That's why _I_ prefer old-fashioned MBR partitioning with
sysinstall which has never failed me. :-)

There's something to be said for that. On the other hand, GPT is the rising tide and one has to learn to swim sometimes.

                                Robert Huff