> I was just wondering what tape drives (DAT) people use with FreeBSD for
> backup? I was thinking of a HP Superstore DAT 40I. Any experiences with
> that? Has anyone got the One Button Disaster Recovery function working
> in FreeBSD?

I don't know about OBDR, but your drive will otherwise work fine.  I use a
Surestore 12000e (DDS2 autoloader) with no problems.

> I didn't see FreeBSD on the HP's compatilibity table

(http://www.hp.com/products1/storage/compatibility/tapebackup/software/index
.html)
> but I don't think that is a issue though?

I noticed this myself.  There probably isn't enough of a customer base to
justify *BSD support.