On Friday, October 10, 2003, at 11:16 AM, Brian McCann wrote:

        This may be a bit off topic, but does anyone know of a "real",
current version of FreeBSD that will run on a G3 Mac?  I've looked at
both Net & OpenBSD, but I'd rather stick with one OS for all my PCs.
I know, that Darwin is basically the same thing as FreeBSD and that
very little has changed...but one of the main reason I love FreeBSD
is because of the ports collection.  Has anyone tried downloading the
ports collection on a Darwin system and tried building anything?

Thanks,
- --Brian

I believe 10.3 is going to introduce a "blessed" ports system, which I'd imagine would immediately be adopted by Darwin. Just FYI.

KeS