ivan georgiev wrote:
On Monday 13 October 2003 09:09 pm, Jens Rehsack wrote:

ivan georgiev wrote:

On Monday 13 October 2003 07:40 pm, Jens Rehsack wrote:

[...]

nsICookieService.idl
../../../dist/bin/xpidl -m header -w -I ../../../dist/idl -I. -o
_xpidlgen/nsICookieService nsICookieService.idl
gmake[4]: *** [../../../dist/include/necko] Illegal instruction
(core dumped)

I think this says all. Try another CPUTYPE and let me know the results.

Jens

I finally compiled openoffice !!! But I have no clue why it worked this time. So, I gave up on using portinstall and did
"make install clean" in the openoffice-devel directory. It was compiling for one hour and then stopped complaining something about a.out ???? (as shown bellow). Then I lunched "make install clean" again and it picked up from the place it left, worked another hour or so and stopped at a different place again complaining about a.out. After 6-7 steps like this I finally compiled it. I have no clue what kind of problem is this and will be very happy if someone can tell me. Bellow follows one example of the many stops:

Making: ../../unxfbsd.pro/slb/bridgefac.uno.lib
echo unxfbsd.pro/slo/bridgefactory.o unxfbsd.pro/slo/bridgeimpl.o | xargs -n1 > ../../unxfbsd.pro/slb/bridgefac.uno.lib
nm: a.out: No such file or directory
dmake: Error code 1, while making '../../unxfbsd.pro/slb/
bridgefac.uno.lib'
dmake: '../../unxfbsd.pro/slb/bridgefac.uno.lib' removed.
---* TG_SLO.MK *---

This says nothing - at least not to me. In conjunction with your above described error I assume a hardware problem.

Jens