Trying to install a GUI MUA has me wedged ... and lost!!

        I've been trying to get the mozilla mail/news suite to
        work for a long time--well, on and off!  I finally
        installed cucipop on NS1.THOUGHT.ORG and tried to start it.

        [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/local/etc/rc.d#        /usr/local/libexec/cucipop -Y
        cucipop: Can't bind socket 110

        NS1 had a valid IP address; my two other systems are internal,
        private, invisible from the outside.  At any rate, after some
        pondering I altered the 'news and mail' configuration.  Voila;
        mail *is* sent out (in HTML).  But not received... (???)
        /var/mail/kline is my spool; mozilla can't see this for some
        reason.

        evolution refuses to build because some of the GNOME libs
        won't upgrade.  (Of my 400 ports, just 11 seem broken.)
        Can anybody recommend a GUI mail program that doesn't have
        so many dependencies?

        1.) Do I really need pop3?  2.) How do I get the mozilla mail
        to recognize the mail in my spool dir? , and 3) What is a
        decent MUA?

        thanks muchly,

        gary

--