I've worked with ProLiant servers and with FreeBSD RAID, but not on the same box. Basically, as I understand it, you should use the Compaq SmartStart Array Configuration Utility to create the RAID1 (mirror) array. The array controller will then present the RAID set as one logical drive to the OS. The total logical size will be the size of one (1) of the drives. Using a Promise RAID controller, dmesg listed the device ar0 for the logical RAID set and the devices ad4 and ad6 for the low-level RAID components. The ar0 partition is what is carved up and installed to. Hope this helps...

Chris

Michael E. Mercer wrote:

The drive that can not be found is a Western Digital WD Enterprise 4360
4.3 GB Wide-Ultra SCSI

I have removed the second SCSI controller card (PCI) and
the Seagate SCSI Hard Drive.

All that remains is the On-motherboard scsi controller and the
western digital SCSI drive.

The Compaq Configuration Utility sees the drive.
But FreeBSD does not.

Any ideas? Is this Drive supported?

Thanks
Michael E Mercer