Daniela,

I see it when I switch to a virtual console only. When I switch back to X, I'm ok again. Also, if I exit X, I get it the error, but I can blindly startx again.

At one point in FreeBSD 4.8 I could switch to the virtual console, but everything was wavy - text was moving around (it was really weird).

Thanks,

Adam Olsen