On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 01:13:16AM -0800, Olga Zenkova wrote:
> Hi!
> Some of my FreeBSD users get to much spam daily. What
> tools can anybody advice to stop it? Now I have
> sendmail with access.db, which is already used but I
> think it is not very effective at all. May be other
> mail daemon or some additional tools for sendmail?

I recommend bogofilter for per-user filtering.  Spamassassin is also
highly recommended for site use.  I tend to dislike DNS-based
filtering because it has a high rate of false positives, and it causes
your users to lose legitimate mail if it's rejected at the mail
server.  With bogofilter or SA the mail is tagged with a header that
the user can then filter into a spam mailbox and review for false
positives (or delete on sight if they really want to).

Kris