Eric F Crist wrote:
Hey all. I figured out why my system doesn't seem to be working. For some reason, make world failed and the system rebooted. Now, I can't cvsup any new sources. How do I recover from this?

"make world" doesn't always result in a working system, which is why the procedure in UPDATING has many more steps (but which should be safe[r]).

You haven't provided an error message as to what happens when you try to cvsup; what happens when you try? For that matter, you haven't told us which version of FreeBSD you are running and what branch of the sources you were building world with...

Please tell me I don't have to reinstall from scratch.

Oh, it's absolutely certain that you could recover in other ways, but it also might be the case that doing a clean reinstall is faster than any of these alternatives.

--
-Chuck