Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
On 2004-03-29 15:07, Charles Swiger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Mar 29, 2004, at 2:28 PM, Sean Murphy wrote:
[ ... ]
If a tag just the 4_9 Release in the CVSupfile can i just ignore the
mergemaster? also can I just CVSup the sources and build the ones I
want? (see above)

Generally one can ignore doing the mergemaster simply for a security patch.

Unless, of course, the security patch fixes problems in /etc files that mergemaster *must* update. It's not very difficult to run mergemaster. I wouldn't recomment avoiding it altogether. [ ... ]

Oh, I agree with you: I think mergemaster is a useful tool, and I don't think it's very difficult to use.

Reasonable people disagree, however. In particular, people who aren't familiar with diff generally find mergemaster to be incomprehensible. :-)

--
-Chuck