Lo all,

How much of SATA is supported in FreeBSD??  A couple of questions if I may....

Firstly, is the Adaptec 2819SA (8-Port SATA RAID Controller) supported by FreeBSD
(4.8/4.9), and if it is, will a ufs file system cope with a 2TB, or bigger partition
(8 x 250GB SATA).  I then also presume that if the OS supports the partition, I should
have no problems in regards to applications reading/writing to and from that partition
(samba mainly).

>From what I can see at Adaptec, this card is COMPLETELY hardware based, which tells
>me that any OS will see the RAID Array as a single hard drive, and therefore it
>should make very little difference whether or not it is supported.  But yeah, with
>2TB, I'd rather not take chances...

The alternative is to build up a new Win2003 Server, and for that I really do not have
the patience :)

Regards,
Me