Thank you for the tip Steve.

I am really enjoying learning the FreeBSD op system and I try to figure things out myself because then I know them. But it is a steep learning curve when you have no background in Unix and then throw on top of that Apache, MYSQL and PHP at the same time, it becomes a daunting task.

I have been trying to understand networking for years though just with Windows and am more confused today then when I started I think.

Please see my response to Dave's message.

Thank you.

Jeff

Steven N. Fettig wrote:

Jeff,

Before one could answer *where* you can get the help you are looking for, you need to actually describe what you are trying to do and what errors you are getting. Post it to the list and - assuming you are using FreeBSD and not some other OS - you may get a helpful response. Most responses are given to questions where the person has appeared to put work into reading the Handbook and other publicly available documents before posting questions.

hth,
Steve Fettig

Jeffrey P. Toth wrote:

Hey All,

Is this the mailing list where a newbie can get some help with a network problem? If not can you please advise. I have a network problem that acts like a conflict but I suspect is is caused by the fact that I have no idea what I am doing.

Thanks,

Jeff
[EMAIL PROTECTED]