I am using FreeBSD 5.2.1

I need to make both the floppy drive (fd0), the internal zip dive (afd0) and the cdrom (acd0) usable by any user without having to use 'sudo' or go
the 'su' route.

I believe that I have followed all of the directions for using 'chmod' and creating a mount point in the user's home directory. Everything works fine until the system is rebooted. At that time, the 'chmod' values are rewritten.

Is there a way that I can prevent that from happening? I really do not need to keep changing things every time the system is started up, especially since I am basically the only user on this computer.

Thanks!

Gerard Seibert
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

QUOTE OF THE DAY:

"I drink to make other people interesting."
 -- George Jean