On Fri, 14 May 2004, Warren Block wrote:
> On Fri, 14 May 2004, Gary Kline wrote:
> >     Can anyone point me to the website that told how to set up
> >     sendmail's FEATURE to use blacklists?  There were at least
> >     fourr blacklist sites.  I've grep'd thru my ~/Mail directory,
> >     can't find it?
>
> There should already be an example in /etc/mail/freebsd.mc (no
> linewrap):
>
> dnl FEATURE(dnsbl, `blackholes.mail-abuse.org', `"550 Mail from " $&{client_addr} "
> rejected, see http://mail-abuse.org/cgi-bin/lookup?"; $&{client_addr}')
[...]

Sorry for this monumentally stupid-sounding question, but how do you tell
if the dnsbl feature is *working* or not?  I've got 2 set in my local .mc
files:

FEATURE(dnsbl, `bl.spamcop.net', `"550 Mail from " $&{client_addr} " rejected, see
http://spamcop.net/bl.shtml?"; $&{client_addr}')
FEATURE(dnsbl,`combined.njabl.org',`Message from $&{client_addr} rejected - see
http://njabl.org/lookup?$&{client_addr}')

(and yes, I did 'make cf install' afterwards), but I don't see any
indication of mail being rejected because of these in my maillog.  I do
see mail being rejected because of settings in /etc/mail/access.db.  Do
these work silently, or are they not working at all?

--
David Fleck
[EMAIL PROTECTED]