Chris wrote:

Paul Schmehl wrote:
--On Tuesday, August 10, 2004 05:45:58 PM -0400 JJB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Over the years I have seen many posts on this list where Unix hard
liners complain about people posting their replies to the top of the
email messages on this list.

The fact of life is all the Unix mail clients adhere to the Unix
email format of posting the reply to the bottom of the email while
indenting with a quote character.

Not true. Pine doesn't. Mulberry doesn't. I don't believe Evolution does. I'm pretty sure the Firefox solution (don't recall the name) doesn't.

Thunderbird gives you the option

And of course OE/Outlook users could just learn to hit Ctrl-End before they start typing :-)

Mark