I just rebuilt my system and put Xorg on it. I'm running CURRENT
(grabbed the source yesterday). When I try to start X, I got the
following error:

  xf86EnableIO: Failed to open /dev/io for extended I/O

Lo and behold, I have no /dev/io. How did that happen? And what do I do
to fix it? There is a fix in the mailing lists - add "device io" and
rebuild the kernel - so I just did that and got yet another error:

  xf86MapVidMem: Address 0xfcff0000 outside allowable range

Any help on this one would be appreciated. I just cvsupped and am rebuilding my world as we speak - but that's going to take a little while and I was hoping to get some feedback in the interim.
--