Well, I have certainly learnt my lesson. And I have been kicking myself all afternoon. From now on, I will peruse the list carefully before updating. Scout's honor.

At the risk of exposing myself to more abuse, I have another question - how do I make the system automatically load io.ko and mem.ko when it boots? For that matter, how do I make it load ndis.ko? I am having trouble finding the generalized "load x.ko at boot" instruction. Does it go in rc.conf?
--