On Aug 28, 2004, at 6:02 PM, Eric F Crist wrote:

Robin Becker wrote:
I'm trying to install squirrelmail, but it seems that PHP + apache 2 + squirrelmail doesn't go. I tried and although the install proceeds I get crashes in PHP.
PHP appears to deprecate apache 2 at present and looking at the squirrelmail requirements it seems that apache 1.3 is the natural version.
Unfortunately this freebsd 4.9 system is also required to serve SVN so I must keep apache 2.
So can I get both apaches working on the same system? Or perhaps someone has some advice about getting squirrelmail working with apache 2.

Doesn't squirrelmail require some IMAP version or another?

Do you mean that SM requires some IMAP library or something? That is a negative if that is what you mean. They implemented it themselves and don't rely on an external IMAP library

Chad