On 12 okt 2004, at 14:12, Andy Smith wrote:

Off-list because this is likely to turn into a flame war...

On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 02:06:19PM +0200, FreeBSD questions mailing list wrote:
Have a read of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting

it says you're old...
just joking :)
I find it quite irritating that i have to scroll down everytime I read
an email...

In a properly-written email, useless quotes would be removed, so you wouldn't have to scroll down very far.

I can live with that. Writing in between the questions like we do here is accepted as well?

Is top posting a policy on the FBSD list?

Top posting is generally frowned-upon. People who indulge in it are shown to be Microsoft Outlook users, because that is the default of Outlook.

Mac OSX's Mail does the same thing...