On 12 okt 2004, at 14:47, FreeBSD questions mailing list wrote:

Is top posting a policy on the FBSD list?

Yes, it's the norm. There are notable exceptions that show up from time to
time[1], but the majority of the posters to all the freebsd.org mailing lists
use bottom-posting. You're not going to be shouted at for top-posting, but it
*is* annoying, so it would be nice if you didn't.

[1] Jordan Hubbard, a very respectful and promiment members of the FreeBSD
community, uses top-posting. I've seen others top-post too, like Matt Dillon,
Julian Elischer, etc.

Ok, I'll be top-posting from now an then :)
thanks for showing me the light
Arno

ehm, WON'T of course