Bigelow, Andrea L. wrote:
Where's the documentation? I'd like to see this for myself.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2004 4:34 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: What version of FBSD does Yahoo run?

Considering that its been well documented and admitted that 5.x is 1/3 the
speed of 4.x at this point,  do you really think they've migrated production
boxes?

Most likely this is in reference to a few lines in /usr/src/UPDATING, stating that all of the debug features are turned on by default in 5.x < 5.3, making it much slower. This is less than true if those options are turned off.

~j

--
Jonathan T. Sage
Theatrical Lighting / Set Designer

"He said he likes me, but he's not in-like with me."- Connie, King of the Hill

[HTTP://www.JTSage.com]
[HTTP://design.JTSage.com]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[See Headers for Contact Info]