John Adams wrote:

Hi, folks,

I ran a cvsup against my supfile, then a portupgrade -a, and now I'm hosed. For starts, ruby is complaining about an insecure version of OpenSSL, and will not install, leaving me without, well, portupgrade.

What have I done to myself, and how do I recover? Is this, by Hobson's choice, a good time to upgrade from 4.9? What should I provide to help tell what's going on with my box?

All the best,

John A

Other people have mentioned what needs to be done in future(reading /usr/*/UPDATING and portupgrade syntax). For now, you're probably going to need to get your hands dirty: go to OpenSSL in the ports tree, do a "make install" there, try again with Ruby... Basically, try to make the new version of portupgrade, and whenever it complains about a different port, go and fix it; you may need to do more than a few "make deinstall && make reinstall" to deal with version changes.

Also, you could try pkg_add -r [portname] for some of these to cut down compile time at least until you can get portupgrade back.

-BB