At Wed, 17 Nov 2004 it looks like scott renna composed:

> I believe it's partition type 11.
> Check this out:
>
> http://www.win.tue.nl/~aeb/partitions/partition_types-1.html
>
> I tried, this method and yeah, windows can't read it
> :(
> booooo.  I'm working on another method though now.

Thanks for the rapid response.  I'm lucky it booted for this
machine is a triple boot with 2000/Linux/FreeBSD and Linux flipped
out when I tried to do a regular boot with LILO and seemed like a
normal boot but all of a sudden it dove straight for the drive
hanging on the Promise controller and booted that!!

The drive hanging on the Promise card is an Linux OS.

I don't know how in the hell it got that confused so I looked at
the drive hanging on cables coming out of my machine, saw it was
jumped as a "master" and figured that had to be the problem so I
jumped it as a "slave" on the Promise card (now it's /dev/ad5)

AND LINUX STILL BOOTED IT off the Promise controller....

Windows 2000 never saw the drive hanging off the Promise
controller either.

Only FreeBSD was able to tackle the drive successfully.

--
Bill Schoolcraft
PO Box 210076

"We can find no wealth above a healthy body and a happy heart."