J65nko BSD wrote:
On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 10:26:38 -0700, Don Wilde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hey, folks -

I need to find a way to kick off an xterm running BASH and then execute
a program within that xterm, but NOT close the new xterm after the
program finishes.

[snip]

xterm -hold -e sh -c ./ticktock &

"-hold" is explained in the xterm man page ;)

Yes and no. I don't get as command prompt back in the new xterm, either with sh or bash. ALso, the --rcfile arcument does not appear to work in conjunction with -c.

This is what the man for hold specifies, but I need the prompt.

-- Don Wilde ---------> Silver Lynx <---------- Raising the Trajectory of Human Development --------------------------------------------- http://www.Silver-Lynx.com