Heloo list

I have been trying to set up my FreeBSD 5.3 to get my emails with no results. I have installed and set up Mutt, Ssmtp and Fetchmail. None of them are working properly. I have no idea where to start first. I have already read the man pages and followed several how-tos I found on the internet but no results. I was wondering if any of you know of a web site with steps that I can follow to sep up my Mutt, fetchmail and ssmtp. I dont want to give up on this!!!

THANKS