Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

 I think there is a story there for you but more along the lines of:
"Sun's wishy-washy licensing terms driving people away from Java"

Agreed.

Sun has screwed up the licensing of Java from the start. Their deal with Microsoft early on made that clear to me.

I prefer to use just about any other tool (except, of course, for JSP/.NET, etc). Python, Perl, ... any other tool will do the jobs I need done and I can avoid the sluggishness of Java, the licensing ambiguities, and the dependence on a company that is *not* a software company to begin with!

Grrrr..

> Please state your specific affiliation with FreeBSD.

None. Just a user.