On Feb 1, 2005, at 3:45 PM, Dixit, Viraj wrote:

Folks,

Just installed FreeBSD 5.3, all seems to be working except the error from sendmail. I can ping the mail server in the domain that I am trying to send the mail. But the mail gets send to my " /var/spool/mqueue" directory. The error is "host name lookup failure". I want to put this system on line as production system soon. On last thing "syslogd" does not put out any logs under "var/logs". Any ideas, I have been looking in FreeBSD archives.

VJ
Viraj Dixit
650-329-2118

IIRC, sendmail requires that the system `hostname' be a FQDN. Also, logs are kept under /var/log and not, /var/logs.

HTH
Eric F Crist                  "I am so smart, S.M.R.T!"
Secure Computing Networks              -Homer J Simpson